Welcome back to Season 2 of Happy Porch Radio.
One of the most fun things about doing this show is speaking to really amazing Agency professionals and hearing the fascinating stories of different agencies & – crucially – learning so much from the insights they share.
So, in this episode, I am very pleased to be able to introduce Elizabeth Gibbons to you.
Elizabeth is Business Development Manager at (zero)seven, a digital development house in the heart of Brisbane, Australia.
I really enjoyed hearing the story of (zero)seven (another agency that had a custom CMS back in the day!) and how they where solely focused on Umbraco for many years and have now expanded to use other platforms as well.
Listen to the episode below
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- The makeup of the (zero)seven team, what they specialise in, and how Umbraco fits in.
- Why the agency began working with other platforms after almost 5 years of using only Umbraco.
- How the (zero)seven team uses Umbraco to build ‘iceberg’ websites.
- A laundry list of feature sets a client may require that Umbraco doesn’t provide (any one of them could quickly rule out Umbraco as the platform of choice on a project).
- The two streams of service at (zero)seven and where Umbraco fits in.
- When Umbraco is the go to choice for (zero)seven.
- A cool ‘application heavy’ use case (you may have benefited from it and don’t even know it).
- The chorus reaction that the (zero)seven team makes whenever they get a new Umbraco site to work on.
- Why you should use Umbraco in your agency (if you aren’t already).
- A no holds barred pro and con list for using Umbraco as an agency.
- How Elizabeth would take advantage of the Umbraco Cloud if her agency were 5 years younger.
- How a herd mentality influences the technology and tools clients choose.
- Where and how Umbraco fits into the future of their agency.
- Elizabeth’s advice for agencies who are considering Umbraco.
- And much more…
Mentioned in the episode: